The Buena Vista Recreation Department’s vision is to serve the local community by facilitating affordable and inclusive recreational opportunities.
Our mission is to support individuals’ well-being by:
- Providing recreation programs that inspire a variety of interests, including sports, music, and fine arts.
- Organizing special events that promote community development through positive social interaction.
- Facilitating stewardship of our outdoor recreation resources.
- Communicating with the Recreation Advisory Board to address the evolving needs of the community.
- Recreation Advisory Board duties are to make recommendations to the Trustees regarding the operation, improvement, and maintenance of the Town’s recreation programs and facilities, and to bring to the attention of the Board of Trustees any matter pertaining to the Town’s recreation programs and facilities.
- The Recreation Advisory Board has seven (7) voting members and two (2) alternates will be appointed by the Board of Trustees. The Recreation Advisory Board also includes the recreation staff and a designated Board of Trustees member, both of whom serve as non-voting ex officio members.
- Recreation Advisory Board guiding documents: Recreation Master Plan, River Park Master Plan.
- The Recreation Advisory Board meets at 7:30 AM on the second Wednesday of each month at the Community Center (715 East Main St).
- Please contact the Recreation Director with any questions.