- This event has passed.
Keeping Bewnie, Buena! – BV Neighborhood Clean-Up Day
April 25 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pmFREE!
What: Keeping Bewnie, Buena! – BV Neighborhood Clean-Up Day
Who: You! We welcome the entire BV Community! Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
When: Sunday, April 25. 1:00-3:00pm
Meeting location: South parking lot at the intersection of E Main St and S. Railroad Buena Vista Colorado, 81211.
Registration Deadline: Monday, April 12th (for t-shirts) You can still register to participate after the deadline, but we may not have shirts for late registrations.
Buena Vista Recreation is excited to announce the first annual Keeping Bewnie Buena! – BV Neighborhood Clean-Up Day scheduled for Sunday, April 25 from 1:00-3:00pm. Join your friends and family for a fun-filled afternoon centered around cleaning up surface trash in and around the town of Buena Vista’s streets, parks, and open spaces.
Community members will meet at the intersection of E Main and S Railroad at 1:00pm. All participants will check-in at 1:00pm (pre-registered folks will receive a t-shirt at check-in.) We will divide into small working groups and you will be given designated areas to focus on. Most people will be walking in and around town during the clean-up. If you prefer to drive to a specific location instead of walking, we will have some additional areas to consider. The Town of Buena Vista will provide large trash receptacles at the intersection of East Main and South Railroad for everyone to dispose of their clean-up bounty.
How to prepare:
Bring your own gloves on clean-up day.
Facilitators will have bags for folks to use at the meet-up location.
Feel free to bring your own TRD’s (Trash Removal Devices) and use your own waste bags if that is preferable.
Why are we doing this?
A large group of locals have done a very similar activity each spring for the last 20 years, but have only focused on the River Park area. It’s been a long year of being at home and not doing as much together with our community members. We feel this spring would be a great time to get outside and do something rewarding that everyone will appreciate immensely. And why not help keep Bewnie, Buena?
BV Rec Volunteer Guidelines – Outdoors
- Volunteers will be required to sign a release waiver before starting. Online pre-registration will include the waiver.
- Participants and leaders will be asked to undergo a basic health screening when they arrive. Participants and leaders will be asked to not attend if they are experiencing any symptoms of illness including cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, fever, runny nose, head or body aches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and loss of taste or smell.
- Participants will be asked not to attend a volunteer project if they have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days or are awaiting the results of a test for COVID-19.
- Masks or face coverings are requested whenever possible.
- Participants should work at least 6ft apart.
- Participants should bring their own personal safety equipment, food, and water. Participants should set their belongings 6ft apart from others.
- Participants should come prepared for any changes in weather.
- If there is a confirmed case of COVID-19 among program participants or facilitators, BV Rec will notify and cooperate with their Chaffee County Public Health agency on the next steps.
Thank you for your time and efforts.