- This event has passed.
Youth Flag Football Program – Grades 6-8 – Fall 2020
September 16, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
An event every week that begins at 5:30 pm on Wednesday, repeating until October 7, 2020
Grades: 3-5, 6-8, & 9-12 $35/participant September 14-October 7 5:30-7:00pm Grades 3-5: Tuesdays, Grades 6-8: Wednesdays, Grades 9-12: Mondays BVHS Fields Registration Deadline: Monday, September 7
BV Rec is working with Buena Vista Tackle Football to provide an opportunity to learn and play football this fall! The 4-week program will focus on the fundamentals of the game for the younger participants, while giving the older participants a chance for locally organized competition.
Each age group will have a slightly different format. Grades 3-5 will be coached by parent volunteers and will spend half of each session learning skills and half of each session playing games. Grades 6-8 will be split into teams and will be coached by high school aged participants. Grades 9-12 will split into their own teams the first week, then play games with that team each week. Grades 9-12 may end with a Flag Football Tournament on Saturday, October 10, if there is enough interest. All participants should register for the program as individuals. Please contact Shane at firstname.lastname@example.org or 719-395-1939 if you are unable to register for the correct age group!CLICK HERE TO REGISTER FOR GRADES 6-8 ONLINE!
Volunteer Referees and Parent Coaches are needed! A Coaches Meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 8 from 6:00-7:30pm at the Community Center. Please contact Shane at 719-395-1939 or email@example.com, if interested. Volunteer Referees and Parent Coaches will receive a discount code for 1/2 price registration.
2020 Program Guidelines
- BV Rec programs may be suspended or cancelled if BV Schools determine that Remote Competency Learning at home is needed.
- Participants and instructors must undergo a health screening when they arrive. Participants and instructors will be sent home if they are experiencing any symptoms of illness including cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, fever, runny nose, head or body aches, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and loss of taste or smell.
- Participants and instructors will be asked not to attend a game or practice if they have been in contact with someone with COVID-19.
- Masks or face coverings should be worn during arrival to practice & games.
- Participants and instructors will be required to sanitize their hands before entering the facility.
- Participants should bring their own equipment and water bottle and will set their belongings 6ft apart from others. Participants should come to the program dressed to participate.
- Shared equipment such as footballs, flags, and blocking pads will be sanitized between uses.
- Non-active participants and coaches should wear a face covering. Participants and coaches should be at least 6ft apart whenever possible.
- Spectators will be asked to wear a mask at all-times and maintain a 6ft distance from anyone who is not part of their household.