Vision & Mission
The Buena Vista Recreation Department’s vision is to serve the local community by facilitating affordable and inclusive recreational opportunities.
Our mission is to support individuals’ well-being by:
- Facilitating recreation programs that inspire a variety of interests including sports, outdoor recreation, fitness, and fine arts.
- Providing oversight to special events to ensure public safety and community engagement.
- Encouraging stewardship of our local recreation resources.
- Engaging with the Recreation Advisory Board to address the evolving needs of the community.
Recreation Advisory Board Mission and Responsibilities
The Recreation Advisory Board is a volunteer group of local citizens who voice the community’s recreation needs to the Recreation Department, Town Administration, and Board of Trustees. Their vision is based on the belief that physical well-being is a cornerstone to a vibrant community and a high quality of life.
The mission of the Recreation Advisory Board is to enrich the lives of the Buena Vista residents and guests through recreation. They aim to accomplish this goal through programming, advising on new facilities and upkeep of existing facilities, facilitating communication and collaboration with citizens/town staff, and supporting community events.
- The Recreation Advisory Board’s responsibilities are to make recommendations to the Recreation Department and Board of Trustees regarding the operation, improvement, and maintenance of the Town’s recreation programs and facilities, and to bring to the attention of the Board of Trustees any matter pertaining to the Town’s recreation programs and facilities. As a voice of the community, board members are expected to bridge dialogue between town government and our citizens. When applicable, additional duties may include engaging as a point person on special projects to assist and mentor through the process.
- The Recreation Advisory Board has seven (7) voting members and two (2) alternates who are appointed by the Board of Trustees. The Recreation Advisory Board also includes the Recreation Staff and a designated Board of Trustees member, both of whom serve as non-voting ex officio members.
- Recreation Advisory Board guiding documents: Recreation Master Plan and River Park Master Plan.
- The Recreation Advisory Board meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 7:30 AM at the BV Community Center.
- Please contact the Recreation Director with any questions – firstname.lastname@example.org